Creamy Chickpea-Chestnut Soup with Prawns Sautéed in Purple Curry and Colourful Carrot Beetroot Chips
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 40 mins
For the soup:
For the jumbo prawns:
For the chips:
1. Prepare the vegetable chips: preheat oven to 180°C (Convection 160°C). Rinse carrots thoroughly enough that the peels can be eaten. Peel beetroot and parsley root. Cut vegetables into thin slices using the MaxxiMUM Continuous Shredder. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment, distribute vegetable slices on top and bake in the oven for 8 minutes.
2. Remove the vegetables and roots from the oven and dry them in an automatic food dryer at 70°C for about 4 hours until they turn crisp. You can also do this in the oven: Let vegetables and roots cool in the oven with the door open and then heat them to 70°C Convection, opening the door occasionally to allow moisture to escape. Let the finished chips cool, then transfer them to an airtight container.
3. For the soup, peel and dice onions. In a saucepan, heat butter until it foams. Braise chestnuts and diced onion in butter for 5 minutes. Pour in dessert wine, then chicken stock, and simmer over medium heat for 30 minutes. Rinse thyme, shake dry and pluck off leaves. Pour soup into the MaxxiMUM mixer attachment, purée finely and season to taste with pepper and salt.
4. Cut jumbo prawns in half lengthwise almost to the tips of the tails, then remove the dark veins with the tip of a knife. Drain chickpeas and rinse them under cold water, then drain them again. Season prawns with purple curry and salt, and gently braise them in argan oil and butter over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes. After 2 minutes, add the chickpeas.
5. Beat cream in the MaxxiMUM mixing bowl until semi-stiff using the wire whisk attachment. Just before serving, bring soup to a boil and briefly mix it with the cream in the MaxxiMUM mixer attachment.
6. Rinse arugula and remove thick stems. Lightly salt vegetable chips. Arrange chestnut soup, jumbo prawns and chickpeas on plates. Garnish with vegetable chips and arugula leaves and serve immediately.