Asparagus and Dandelion with Jumbo Shrimp and Crispy Rolled Wafers
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 40 mins
For the salad:
For the rolled wafers:
1. Stir ingredients for the dough in the MaxxiMUM kitchen machine Universal Mixer until smooth, season with salt and cumin and refrigerate for 2 hours. Place 1 tablespoon of dough at a time in a lightly oiled automatic ice cream cone maker or (with a little more oil) in a cast-iron wafer cone iron until golden.
2. Using a heat-resistant plastic angled spatula, remove the wafer from the mould, shape immediately into rolls and place in small glasses to cool – if necessary, wear thin cotton gloves. (To make standing rolls, immediately cut 3 cm from each wafer and then roll perpendicular to this cut). Repeat until all the dough has been used – this should give you about 16 rolls. Place rolls in an airtight container and keep for up to 2 days.
3. Clean asparagus by peeling the ends and cutting off tough parts. Cut asparagus spears in half crosswise and boil in salted water for about 8 minutes until al dente. Drain and plunge into ice water. Clean pioppini mushrooms by removing stems and dirt residue.
4. In a large pan, sauté jumbo prawns in 1 tablespoon olive oil for 2 minutes. Add pioppini mushrooms and sauté for another 2 minutes. Salt lightly. Remove mushrooms and prawns. Rinse dandelion leaves, spin dry and tear or cut into bite-size pieces.
5. Peel shallot and mince. Combine Sherry vinegar, shallot and mustard and season generously with salt and pepper. Stir in remaining olive oil and season to taste.
6. Marinate prepared ingredients in the vinaigrette and arrange around – or inside – the crisp wafer rolls. If you have any wafer rolls left over, serve them on the side for munching.