Vanilla Parfait with Summer Fruits
Preparation Time: 50 mins
Cooking Time: 50 mins
|For the parfait|
1. Wash berries, pat dry carefully but thoroughly and freeze on a tray lined with baking paper for at least 2 hours.
2. Meanwhile, halve the vanilla pod lengthwise, scrape out the seeds. Bring the vanilla pod, seeds and milk to a boil, take from the stove and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
3. Break the eggs and egg yolks into a metal bowl, add 175 g sugar and the vanilla milk, remove the pod. Choose a pan that has a suitable size to hold the bowl, fill the pan with 3-4 cm of water and bring to a boil. Place the egg mixture on top of the pan.
4. Beat for 5 minutes until thick and fluffy using the Bosch hand mixer. At this point, the mixer will leave distinct marks in the crème. Remove the vanilla crème from the water bath and continue to beat for about 5 minutes. Leave to cool.
5. Pour the whipping cream into the mixing bowl of the MaxxiMUM; use the beating whisk. Select the automatic function on the display and set the dial to S for SensorControl. The MaxxiMUM will now whip the cream until it reaches the perfect stiffness and then turn off automatically.*
6. First stir the frozen raspberries into the vanilla crème, so that they fill with the crème. Then mix in the red currants, cherries and whipped cream.
7. Add the blueberries last so that the parfait does not turn blue. Fill the mixture into two 750 ml bowls or one large bowl. Put in the freezer to cool for at least 4 hours.
8. Take the parfaits from the freezer, allow to warm for a few minutes, then stick a fork into the parfaits and twist them out of the bowl. Cut into pieces and serve on plates garnished with fresh berries to taste.